Search engine traffic comes in two flavors. Either you can:
- Pay for it. Paid results via PPC (Pay-Per-Click)
- Earn it. Organic results via SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
Organic traffic is about earning your way, not paying your way.
Earning your way means dropping those black hat SEO (search engine optimization) techniques such as link exchange and keyword spamming (though some still attempt these tactics, and Google will find & penalize them) and focusing on what matters.
a ProtoFuse Proverb
"More than 90% of online experiences start with a search engine."
200 Different Ranking Factors?
Though there's some hard evidence that Google uses 200 ranking factors (others say around 80), earning your way naturally boils down to 3 critical components:
- On-page Optimization
- Quality Content with Great UX (User Experience)
- Trusted Authoritative Backlinks
Nine times out of ten, anemic organic traffic is nourished by focusing on those 3 pieces over an extended period of time.
Other reasons for little organic traffic
- An algorithm change (Google changes theirs around 500–600 times a year) which spawns a penalty
- Incorrect on-page optimization (aka targeting the wrong keyword, driving unqualified traffic)
- Technical issues related to URL canonicalization, 301 redirects, or internal linking structure
...and possibly more.
How ProtoFuse helps you get more organic traffic
A growing stream of organic traffic could be the push your website needs to reach its goals.
Here are three ways we may be able to help:
- Mini Engagement. Test our expertise and get valuable (and objective) feedback on your website in 2-3 business days.
- One-time Engagement. Some problems are so common we've developed a specific engagement for them.
- Discuss your website. Let's have a conversation and determine if we're a good fit to solve this problem.
Learn more about our website consulting services.
Need help with this problem?
Try one of our mini engagements. Custom website review, analysis, feedback, and virtual consultative coaching — 100% tailored to your website for just $499.
"Worth every penny!"
Articles about SEO
A few insights that may interest you