Poor website design = untrustworthy business?
At least through the eyes of nearly half the people visiting your website.
Studies show people have an instantaneous reaction to a website.
Like, .05 seconds instantaneous.
In the time it takes to blink, a positive or negative impression is created once they arrive on your website. If your website’s design is poor, there’s a high probability that you’ve left a bad first impression.
Just how bad?
Well, Stanford’s Persuasive Technology Lab found that almost half (46%) of people say a website’s design is the #1 criterion for discerning credibility.
a ProtoFuse Proverb
"Nearly half of people say a website's design is the #1 criterion for discerning credibility."
— Stanford’s Persuasive Technology Lab
A poor design could be related to:
- Logo placement (too big, too small, not following branding guideline)
- Fonts (too similar, too many, not readable)
- Imagery (too generic, no styling consistency, slow load times)
- Colors (not harmonious, lacks proper contrast)
- Overall layout (lacks gestalt principles, no rhyme or reason to element placement)
If you’re cognizant of your website’s bad design, or your instincts tell you it’s possibly the crux of poor performance (e.g. conversion rate), we can help.
How ProtoFuse helps you fix a website's poor design
Here are three ways we may be able to help:
- Mini Engagement. Test our expertise and get valuable (and objective) feedback on your website in 2-3 business days.
- One-time Engagement. Some problems are so common we've developed a specific engagement for them.
- Discuss your website. Let's have a conversation and determine if we're a good fit to solve this problem.
Learn more about our website consulting services.
Need help with this problem?
Try one of our mini engagements. Custom website review, analysis, feedback, and virtual consultative coaching — 100% tailored to your website for just $499.
"Worth every penny!"
Articles about Visual Design
A few insights that may interest you