Websites without a strategy fly blind
Are you asking yourself these questions?
- Purpose: "What's the point of our website?"
- Vision: "Where will our website be in 3 years?"
- Audience: "Are we providing visitors with what they want/need?"
- Tactics: "SEO, paid ads, content, social media, ahhh!"
- Competition: "Do potential customers understand our value?"
- Measurement: "Is our website actually working, how's our ROI?"
A website strategy provides a foundation to your overall website efforts for the next 3 to 5 years — maybe even longer.
a ProtoFuse Proverb
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
— Sun Tzu
What we do in this engagement
The first step of this engagement is to carry out a full diagnosis of your existing website to get a sense of what's working, and what's not. This includes a deep dive into your:
- Digital Marketing
- Analytics, Data
With these insights, we're then able to start making recommendations.
Our website strategy will help you
- Understand your website's audience via website user personas
- Choose sustainable digital marketing tactics with ROI
- Ensure your website's visual design aligns with branding guidelines
- Generate the most valuable content
- Articulate your value proposition accurately on your website
- Provide an incredible user experience
- Create the right call to action (CTA) from best practices
What you’ll receive from our professional website strategy team is a well organized document (coined the "Website Strategy Roadmap") outlining our findings and prescription for building a successful website that works.
Nearly all of our website strategies for clients last 3 to 5 years, many times longer.
Investment needed & timeline
Our website strategy consulting services start at $7,500 and span 4 to 8 weeks.
Final price and engagement duration dependent upon things such as:
- Size of organization, website, team
- Travel, meeting requirements
- Fidelity of user persona (e.g. Lightweight, Qualitative)
- Amount of new website research data needed to validate user personas
- Complexity of surveys, interviews
- Amount of creation and execution with content and conversion strategy
Since every organization values certain activities differently, we offer 3 different tiers of our website strategy engagement.
3 Tiers of our Website Strategy Consulting
Swipe to scroll chart
|Timeframe||Up to 4 weeks||Up to 6 weeks||6 to 8 weeks|
|Travel||✖||1 on-site meeting||Up to 2 on-site meetings|
|Virtual Meetings||Up to 5||Up to 8||Unlimited|
|Business & Website Objectives||✓||✓||✓|
|Organization, Market, Sales Funnel Research||✓||✓||✓|
|Existing Website Analysis (UX pain points, Google Analytics audit & analysis, heatmaps, scroll maps)||✓||✓||✓|
|Competitor Analysis & Inspiration||✓||✓||✓|
|User Research (surveys)||✖||✖||✓|
|User Research (interviews)||✖||✖||✓|
|User Research (website user personas)||✓ Proto-Personas/Lightweight||✓ From Qualitative data||✓ From Qualitative & Quantitative data|
|Visual Design Considerations (personality, style, branding guidelines)||✓||✓||✓|
|SEM & Website Content Snapshot (authority, rankings, backlinks)||✓||✓||✓|
|Value Proposition Creation||✓||✓||✓|
|Content Strategy Overview (tactics, frequency, long-term plan)||✓ Evaluation||✓ Evaluation + Creation of New Strategy||✓ Evaluation + Creation of New Strategy + Execution Oversight|
|Conversion Strategy (calls to action, lead magnets, opt-ins)||✓ Evaluation||✓ Evaluation + Creation of New Strategy||✓ Evaluation + Creation of New Strategy + Execution Oversight|
Ready to form a website strategy? Not sure which tier is best? Simply start a website discussion.